Pages

Thursday 12 February 2015

My special place something to remember!

The river with no name is known simply as Kariyan, which translated into English is river.

For me, this is an important place in the Philippines, one that I will always remember because that is where I used to swim, catch food and play with my friends. I also like the swings and slides in the water, easy to slip off but still fun.

Auntie and I would go there every weekend when it was hot. Every time we entered the reserve, we found cows eating the tall half-alive grass that was growing in the cracks created by the high temperatures. There were also  piles of smelly trash, beeping jeeps and bullfrogs tanning in the sun. It was like an oasis because it has dry land but a lot of water in the end.

In the water I usually swam in my underwear to find small fish and tiny sea snails. The fish have great speed but they cannot dodge our filters. These are made of metal and we use these to scoop up the fish when we run after them.

When it is evening we would go home to cook our findings. They are especially yummy with cooked and boiled drumstick tree leaves and soup. We usually celebrate some nights in the huts. These huts are where you can change and eat. These huts are in the water and they are made from dried bamboo and straw. A small, long wooden paddock leads to the huts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.